A Local Company Building a Strong Reputation
Welcome to Panhandle Builders & Excavating, Inc. We have been building a solid reputation in the construction industry since June of 1986. Please take time to browse our site to see how we may be able to serve your construction needs.
Panhandle Builders & Excavating, Inc. was founded by L. Allen Henry, David Henry, and Carole Henry. The primary focus of the company at that time was to provide quality excavation and general construction services to the businesses and residents of the Eastern Panhandle of West Virginia.
Panhandle Builders & Excavating has a comprehensive safety program which covers both OSHA 1926 and MSHA safety standards. Our safety director, David Henry, is also an authorized OSHA safety instructor. Our actions to ensure a safe workplace include:
- Drug Free Workplace
- Competent Person Training to all Foremen
- CPR and First Aid Training to all Foremen
- OSHA 1926 training received by all onsite employees
- Material Safety Data Sheets are kept by project superintendents onsite and ready for inspection
- Weekly OSHA Tool Box Topic program with quarterly cash awards
For Panhandle Builders & Excavating, the community comes first. The community in which we operate is an essential component to our developmental planning. We strive to be an active member in our surrounding community – to give back to the community that has given our company so much throughout our history. Our goal is to promote our team values of honesty, integrity, reliability, commitment and teamwork by participating in local non-profit organizations.
- 2020-2022 Best of the Best
- 2022 WV Executive Young Guns – Justin Henry
- 2008 Builder Member of the Year EPHBA
- 2005 C. Leslie Golliday Business Person of the Year, Chamber of Commerce
- 2007 Philanthropist of the Year, Eastern Panhandle Community Foundation
- 2010 Excellence in Community Service Award Winner
- 2010 Best Residential Development in WV (Brookfield) WVHBA
- Yearly Best in WV Wins for Homes
- Rental Properties Inc.
- Panhandle Homes of Berkeley County